Today I’m going to show you exactly how to use BOI net banking service.
So if you’re not super good (like me) in net banking, you’ll love the simple steps in this guide which will help you learn complex BOI net banking.
Bank of India, with its headquarters at Bandra Kurla Complex, Mumbai is one of the five top ranking nationalised commercial banks in India. It was set up in the year 1906 with a handful of 50 employees and fell within the purview of the Central government since the nationalisation of banks in the year 1969.
In today’s date, Bank of India boasts of a network of 5100 branches spread across the length and breadth of the country, since January, 2017. It also holds the rare privilege of being the founder member of SWIFT Society for Worldwide Inter Bank Financial Telecommunications) which extends cost-effective financial processing and communication services.
It has got a sizeable national as well as international presence and is considered one of the premier nationalized Banks in India. It also boasts of one joint venture and three subsidiaries abroad.
E-service Facility (BOI NET BANKING)
Bank of India provides the most updated products and services for the satisfaction of its customers. With their firm adherence to the policy of caution and prudence, this Bank has been at the helm of introducing different kinds of services and solutions.
Bank of India provides e-services to its Banking customers, which enables them to perform basic transaction and non-transaction activities from the comfort of their personal space. BOI net banking allows you complete access to perform all basic Banking transactions, anytime, anywhere.
The nature of transactions covered under its BOI net banking e-service platform are:
- Bill Payment
- Fund Transfer (inert-Bank)
- Internet Banking
- Mobile Banking
- Share Trading
- Tax Payment
- Ticket Booking
- E-filing of I.T Return
- IT Return verification through Internet Banking
- Online Share Trading
- Failed Transaction Refund Claim
- Apply for loans
- Track Loan Status
- IMT Money Transfer
- Gift Card Balance Enquiry
- BOI Star EazyPay
- Generate Statement of Account online
STEP –WISE ILLUSTRATION for BOI NET BANKING ONLINE REGISTRATION
How to Register a New User?
1. Log into BOI’s official website (www.bankofindia.com) and click on the ‘Online Services ‘tab which lists ‘Internet Banking’ as one of its options.
2. Click on the ‘Internet Banking Option’ and you will then be taken to the Internet Banking page with four options on the left side of the page:
- View Demo
3. If you are an Individual user, click ‘Retail’ option, else for business and commercial related Accounts, click on ‘Corporate’.
4. This shall then direct you to the ‘Retail’ page, meant for Individual Users which shall flash a window for inputting ‘User Id’ and ‘Password’ for Registered Users.
5. For New Users, click on the option of ‘New User’ tab on the e-services page.
6. The page shall ask you to remain prepared with the following information before proceeding any further :
- Account Number.
- ATM / Debit Card details, linked to the Number.
- ATM/ Debit Card Credentials.
- Mobile Number linked to the Account
7. The next step is to input your Account Number, in the tab specified.
8. Also, input the Mobile number, linked to the account with the country code prefixed before it, without (+) sign.
9. Insert the ‘captcha’ to validate your identity and click ‘continue’
10. In the next step, you will be asked to enter OTP (One time Password) that you will receive on your registered Mobile Number. Enter that OTP and press Continue.
11. In the next page, you shall be asked for your ATM/Debit Card credentials, which once done, you need to press Continue.
12. A list of Terms and Conditions shall flash and one needs to click on the ‘I agree’ button and press ‘Accept’ to proceed.
13. The next step requires you to set a password which must contain alphabets, special characters and numbers. Click ‘Continue’
14. Once the above steps are successfully completed, the message ‘Your request to create Internet User Id ‘is successful. Click on ‘Ok’ and note down the Reference Number, Customer Id and Login User Id, before clicking on any further button.
15. Within 24 hours, your account shall be validated and you shall be authorised to access the e-services facility of Bank of India.
16. For further use refresh the Home Page, click on the Retail tab and insert your User Id and Password.
Once done, one can log in using the created ‘User Name’ and ‘Password ‘ which henceforth shall act as your identity verification on this online portal.
In case of forgotten ‘User Id ‘/ ‘BOI Net Banking Change Password’:
The Bank provides the facility to reset the Internet Banking Login Password online.
In order to do that, one must have the following details handy:
- BOI net Banking User Id.
- ATM / Debit Card details
Step 1 – Log into the www.bankofindia.com page.
Step 2 - Click on ‘Forgot Password’ link in the Retail option of Internet Banking.
Step 3 – You will then be directed to the next page asking for your User Id and Debit Card details. Hit ‘Submit’ button.
Step 4 - The next page shall provide four options. Click on ‘New Login Password’
Step 5- Create a desired password which must be a combination of alphabets, numbers and special characters. Press ‘submit’ button.
Step 6- At the top of the page you will get a Success message. Use that to log into your e-service page.
Application for Bank of India Internet Banking facility at Home Branch
Alternatively, you can also apply for Internet Banking facility directly from the Bank at your Home branch. For this, you need to fill up a specified form request for this facility on your Account Number.
- The Branch shall then send you a Pre Printed Kit (PPT), containing User Name and Password, for the first login to your registered address via Indian Postal service.
- Log into the Bank of India homepage (www.bankofindia.com) and insert the User Name and Password under the Retail option of Internet Banking(www.bankofindia.co.in internet banking retail).
- At the first login, you shall be walked through a simple initialization process.
- Do, necessarily remember to change your password after the first usage for security reasons.
- You are now set with a User Name and Password, for future actions.
Bank of India Mobile Banking
Bank of India’s Mobile Banking Application is safe & secure. You can now access your account, view mPassbook, transfer funds and much more. Simply follow below on-boarding steps to get started.
All the points regarding pre/post login in BOI mobile banking are covered in below 2 links:
Hope this article has helped you to learn about BOI net Banking, If you have any quires feel free to comment below and ask question.